Last night I played movie trivia games with my family.
I am happy to say that I have finally grown into my Winegar genes.
Final score when the last three Winegars called it quits: Ty: 52, Meg: 45, Treb: 35.
That's right. I only lost to Ty by 7. And if you know Ty, you know this is an achievement, since every other word out of his mouth is a pop culture reference. As for beating my genius brother Treb by 10, all I can say is before I lost my groove when Mom went to bed I was beating him by 15. :)
My wasted youth of Gregory Peck and Jimmy Stewart movies has paid off at last - truly, I am the classic movie authority in the family.
Huzzah.
4 comments:
I think it is a trillion times better to be the classic movie guru than have every other word out of your mouth be a pop culture reference.
The latter would get pretty annoying.
No no no. My brother is actually incredibly hilarious and adds his pop culture references to fill out his already amazing comedic genius. My comment about his pop culture references was mostly hyperbole - I just meant he has much knowledge of movies and directors and everything else concerned, and I was pretty darn pleased with myself for keeping up with him as well as I did. He is the worthiest of opponents.
oh I'm excited that Krissie will be taking it too. I WISH I could take it but this way I can live vicariously through yet another roommate. Hooray! And hooray for seeing you on Saturday! But boo for moving... especially on a game day... Ew. No bueno. I'll tell you more about the job then. It's easier to explain in person.
Congrats Megan! Just goes to show that you have at least spent your life watching the classics. The movies worth watching, eh? Good word!
Post a Comment