
First- Amelie. I've wanted to see this movie for SO long, and they showed it at International Cinema this week. It's so happy and brilliant and wonderful - I'm sad about the number of people that won't see it because of the rating - the editing at IC was a little annoying, but not too distracting. I'm a big fan.

Annie Hall. My first Woody Allen movie. Hysterical, and so true. I put a quote from it in my sidebar. Woody Allen is a little obnoxious at times, but I'm pretty sure this movie hits my relationship issues right on the nose. At least some of them. :)

Cold Comfort Farm. Oh my gosh. I couldn't even believe how much I loved this movie. I laughed out loud several times, but I think my favorite moment was when Stephen Fry presented his thesis that Bramwell Bronte wrote Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre, and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall. I want to own this movie. Amazing cast, amazing movie. Yay.
The Godfather. I watched it with my friend Kellie, who just swore off R-rated movies and had it edited, when they canceled the showing of Behind the Sun we were going to hit. It was an offer I couldn't refuse. Um . . . yes. What do you say about that movie? It was amazing.
High Fidelty. I've been dying to see this movie for YEARS because my brothers told me it was pretty much a movie about us - music snobs. I finally found it edited in Kellie's collection and it made me SO happy! Nick Hornby is brilliant, and so is John Cusack.
Marty. I've wanted to see this movie since I saw Quiz Show this summer. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I liked it anyway.
Offside. A movie about female soccer fans in Iran who sneak into the stadiums dressed as boys. Not what I was expecting either (apparently my expectation valve is broken) but really good.
A Room With a View. Saw it at IC a few weeks ago - love love love. E.M. Forster, I love you a lot. Not sad when Kellie told me that what they cut was a couple of minutes of full frontal male nudity.

Stardust. Fun and happy with a very attractive main character and Robert DeNiro dressing in drag. I don't see a down side. (Plus I got to see it twice with a cute boy, and Lindsey and Miri came along the second time, so double bonus plus.)
Volver. Penelope Cruz, murder, ghosts, attempted rape . . . this movie had it all and was funny too. 10 points.
2 comments:
love a lot of these movies, especially cold comfort farm...will probably go see others now that you mention them.
Strangely, I just saw the Godfather again on Sunday myself. Had forgotten how good it was, though I still think my favorite mob movie is Miller's Crossing. Speaking of which, looking forward to seeing the Coen Brother's new movie this weekend. I started watching Godfather Part II last night, which it seems that, shamefully, I have never seen. I borrowed the whole collection from a friend. Seems like good Thanksgiving weekend fare. I will have nothing better to do than a movie marathon. Probably should make a mix that begins with "Lonely Holiday" by Old 97s and go from there. Thanks for the Arlo Guthrie video. Likely to be my only Thanksgiving tradition.
Post a Comment