Monday, November 26, 2007

Little Wonders

(Thanks for the post title, Rob Thomas.)

Things that made me happy today:
  • Yes, I had to go back to school, and yes I had to go to dance class even though I was sick and couldn't dance because I didn't want to infect people, but afterward a cute boy in my class asked me if I was okay and told me he hoped I felt better. It was nice that he noticed. (I feel a little pathetic saying that - it really wasn't pathetic! It's just when you're sick and someone is concerned for you when they don't have to be...and they're also a cute boy... you know!)
  • Some sweet soul brought me cookies tonight and wrote me a very nice anonymous note. We also had hearts on our door, and the service scavenger hunt people did our dishes and took out our garbage.
  • I got to talk to both Sheldon and Jonathan on the phone today - two of my very favorite people. I was at home so I didn't get to go to lunch with Sheldon, but I think we're going to get gelato later this week, and Jonathan and I took the first steps toward planning the Muppet Christmas Carol extravaganza for 2008 - fun (and tasty!) things to look forward to despite the terrifying amount of homework that lurks around the corner.
  • The phrase "on the bum," which I read in The Art of Alfred Hitchcock today. Midge says it in Vertigo. It is used thusly: "Scottie meets Gavin Elster, who is certainly not 'on the bum,' as Midge suspected." Also, I have a very mature sense of humor/language.
  • Getting carried up the stairs in a wheel chair by the boys in my FHE group. Don't ask - not even I understood the reasons for this. I think it was a pride thing for the guys - they wanted to prove that they could. Anyway, I was happy when I reached the top alive.
  • Being with my roommates today - sharing music with Miri, girl talk with Jennie and Marci, etc.
  • The 32 ounces of V8 Splash I have consumed today in the name of getting better.
  • Lots of new music I stole from Spence on Thanksgiving, esp. Ingrid Michaelson, Chris Stills, Laura Veirs, and the new(ish) Band of Horses and Alexi Murdoch CDs. Hurrah.
  • The comic that is my picture for this post.
Now back to the homework, which is less happy, but better now that I've made this list.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes, yes, this is just riding your blog's popularity, but I wanted to share this (from the same site as the post's comic)

cat proximity

Jeffrey said...

Sadly, no cute boy asked about my welfare in dance class today; I guess it's another thing they don't have in common. :( Yet still we are able to dance together (and I expect we will do so over winter break). Here is the Memento Comic I mentioned the other night.