For those of you who don't hover around the links portion of my blog, I thought I'd point one of them out. Long ago, my brother Clark had a dream - a dream to write a great science fiction novel. Later, the dream expanded and he wanted to write a movie. Then he wanted to make the movies himself, so he started learning about film equipment and started entering film contests and creating movies with friends. He's gradually been working toward acquiring the skills to fulfill some of these dreams, and somewhere along the way, he found a couple of other guys with a great idea to help other people who wanted to learn how to create better writings, movies, etc., and thus Review Fuse was born.
I think this project is really cool. They've created a writing community where people can get honest reviews from their peers and also learn by critiquing others' work. You don't get reviewed unless you review, and there are guides to help reviewers to give really constructive feedback. Soon they'll be adding private writing groups where you can create your own group with people you know or with other people who are writing the same kinds of things.
I was recently exploring the site in more depth because I was helping the founders with something they were trying to add, and it has really grown since it first appeared on the web. I think it's really a cool service for people who are trying to improve their writing, and it's getting better all the time based on the ideas of the founders and the feedback of the people who are using it.
For those of you who are interested in learning more, I'm posting the how to video from the website, www.reviewfuse.com. (The narrator is actually my brother. Very professional, no?) Registration is free, so you should check it out if you have any yen to write.
For those of you who are interested in learning more, I'm posting the how to video from the website, www.reviewfuse.com. (The narrator is actually my brother. Very professional, no?) Registration is free, so you should check it out if you have any yen to write.
End of shameless plug.
1 comment:
Ahhh, thanks Meg. Both for the unsolicited plug and for your help with the project soon to be seen on Review Fuse.
I did want to point out that ability to create a private (or public) group already exists. Just click on the "group membership" tab in the my account section when you log in.
Also, we're sponsoring a holiday contest with a $100 dollar prize, so there's a little added incentive for anyone who wants to check us out. There, now I've added my shameless plug to yours. :)
Post a Comment