Thursday, February 12, 2009

Be My Friend?

Concerts I would like to attend during the rest of this semster:
  • The Morning Benders/The Submarines - Feb. 21 at Kilby Court. ($8!!!) I'm going to a ballet earlier that day with my mom, but if I can find anyone who wants to go to this one, I'd love to see them. They're fabulous. 
  • Andrew Bird - Feb. 25 at the Murray Theater. I just bought tickets to this one and plan to tag along with Sydney. 
  • Brett Dennen - April 4 at the Murray Theater. 
If anyone has any desire to go to any of these, let me know. (And if you think you might want to go and want to be introduced to the band/artist, that can be arranged.) Also, there's a PostSecret event in Logan at the beginning of April (I think the 1st or the 2nd?) that I would love to hit, so those of you who are loyal readers of Sunday Secrets might want to consider coming with me, because I for sure won't go to Logan alone, but I think it would be really cool to go. 
In the mean time, I still need to look into student tickets for the opera next month. (Tiffany! I keep forgetting!) Good thing I have a job now, because even though none of my tastes are too expensive, they do add up. (But since I missed Coldplay and didn't pay $90 for a ticket, I do feel somewhat justified spending $8 for The Morning Benders. Just saying.) 

6 comments:

Toddicus said...

you forgot one...MC Hammer/Vanilla Ice...

Tiffany said...

You keep forgetting? Megan, how could you... :D

Krilafis said...

I need you. I keep forgetting.

Brett Dennen on April 4th...where do I sign up?!

Also, I am going to start blogging again. It would help encourage me to make it a habit if I got some hits from my adorable friends. You can help me work out my anti-blogging angst.

Anonymous said...

Hey!

I found your blog right after you left from teaching us, but I figured you didn't want to talk to some weird teenage kid you taught the subject of English to, so I decided to leave it alone. However, Mrs. Cox, my cooking teacher, apparently has a facebook and it rekindled my interest. It seems so weird to me that someone I consider an adult takes interest in blogs- or social networking in general- so I apologize if I do end up coming off a bit strange. Just a bit scared of growing up, while conflictingly enjoying it. ^_^

Anyway, I really thought it was awesome that you like Brett Dennen. His song, Ain't No Reason, was featured on House so I started listening to him. I like the song about the shoes and going crazy XD Invisible shoes, clever. Heh, that's all I wanted to say.

~ Shea Lyn

Meg said...

Shea Lyn! I can't believe you found my blog and didn't tell me until now! I always enjoyed our chats and hope you keep commenting. :)

Meg said...

And for the record, we "adults" (or at least college students) had facebook first, before they opened it up to the masses, so I shan't relinquish mine.