First, we got a piano in our apartment. Amanda had one and we finally managed to get it down here. I can't wait to get some of my music from home so that I can more fully enjoy it.
Second, I got my first pay stub from Five Star, and the president of the company told me I was doing a great job on the phones. True, I then felt very self conscious about him listening in on all of my calls, but it was still good to know that I'm doing a good job.
Thirdly (just because I want to say thirdly), I got my first grad school acceptance today! I got into the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, and although at the moment the cold there sounds very unappealing, it does have some added allure in that I could hang out with Katherine back there and wouldn't have to find my way around on my own. In any case, it relieves some stress to get accepted to one - that way at least I know my grad school dreams are one step closer to being realities. I'm very excited (even if my mother is not).
5 comments:
Completely leaving home and going AWAY is very liberating, go for it! I know you have done London and loved it, so you will love grad school!
YAY! Smart Michigan. Smart, smart Michigan. :)
You're doing an MLS, right?
Good stuff.
Congratulations!
Congratulations! One of my good friends did the Information Masters at Ann Arbor if you want to ask her about it. Her blog is http://indelibleedibles.blogspot.com/.
Congratulations! UofM is a great school, and not as cold as you would think... And very picturesque, too, if I remember right. :)
Ooh, forgot to put this in my first comment. Michigan has this great program where during spring break, they basically pay your way to go and do a week long mini-internship type thing in New YOrk, or Chicago, or DC. I'm sure you have to pay something (I don't remember all the details) but it was certainly not a lot. When I was doing my internship in DC, we had about 5 students come from Michigan to help us at the Smithsonian, and they were saying another student was at the Library of Congress, and such. So that's a plus. :)
Post a Comment