Friday, April 24, 2009

It's a great day at Five Star Painting for the last time.

Today was my last day at Five Star Painting. *tear* 
It's been a fun (if short) job. I loved talking to Brittany over the cubicle every afternoon and taking good-natured crap from Conrad and making jokes that customers didn't understand on the phone. I liked going after Fed Ex (or hearing Brittany go after them, which was much more entertaining because she swore at them) when they lost our booth, taking naps early in the morning (I mean . . . okay, yeah, but I always woke up when the phone rang!), secretly correcting Larry's comma placement in the notes when I was doing follow up calls, and developing a good rapport with my franchisees, which included going to the Jazz game to meet Mike James. 
Yesterday Brittany showed up with a goodbye cake for me (and candles, because what's a cake without candles?) and a card that she made everyone who was there when she got to work sign. (I'm told my time off is still not approved by my boss. And also that I'm a jerk for leaving.) 
My favorite moment though, happened today, when Al, the franchisee from Atlanta, called specifically to say goodbye. We've worked together on some different follow up things for him, and we had a really good working relationship that included him saying "You go girl" when I managed to schedule estimates for him, which made me laugh a lot because he's probably in his fifties, and it just sounds funny. Anyway, Al told me that I'd done a great job, and then said that if I ever need a job in Atlanta, I can call him and he'll try to help me out. It gave me the warm fuzzies of a job well done. 
Anyway, after I created an away message so that people wouldn't try to email me and be mad when I didn't answer, and after I gave a couple of last-minute training sessions on the proper use of the copier, I clocked out for the last time. 

But I'm not leaving the facebook group. Thanks for the help getting the job, Amanda. 

1 comment:

grburbank said...

Congratulations on a job well done! It's always nice to get positive feedback. Good luck with your two jobs this summer.