I think you should all download
this song. It's free, and it's awesome. And I found it on a car commercial but it took a long time because I didn't realize that "Major Tom" was a song and not just people calling "Space Oddity" by the wrong name. Anyway, it's an awesome cover, and I think you should all get it while it's free. (For all I know, that could be forever. But why wait?)
5 comments:
That's the song I was talking about when we were talking about it months and months ago. haha. do you even remember? i realize that it is probably not likely you do remember having that conversation, but we had it and this is the song.
a hug.
also, there's new conor oberst...did you see that? at least it says it was released on the 5th. you're so up on the music i have a hard time telling you about stuff....except that cover of Hey Ya...that is one i can be proud of. haha. and i heard it on scrubs first which is kind of silly, but whatever.
a second hug.
This is kind of an embarrassing confession, but Spence, Ty and I used to listen to Peter Schilling's Major Tom ad nauseum at "Stephanie and Derek's" house long before we'd ever heard of David Bowie, the inventor of Major Tom. I think we somehow acquired the 45 single (have you ever even seen one of those?) and then drove the parentals crazy by listening to it over and over at home. It seemed like the most tragic song ever back then.
And btw, the Shiny Toy Guns on Amazon is no longer free.
Treb, I played this cover for Spence on the way to work and he also said "Major Tom" reminded him of Stephanie's room. He said "Thriller" did too.
And if anyone wants the free Amazon download, just let me know and I'll send it to you. It's awesome.
Treb, I played this cover for Spence on the way to work and he also said "Major Tom" reminded him of Stephanie's room. He said "Thriller" did too.
And if anyone wants the free Amazon download, just let me know and I'll send it to you. It's awesome.
Post a Comment