May 9 - The Eagles at Rio Tinto Stadium (not at the top of my list, but we're creating this in a world where I have unlimited money, remember)
May 12 - Keane/Matt Kearney at Kingsbury Hall (and I actually am going to this one, with my dear friend Erin. I'm excited.)
May 13 - fun. with Manchester Orchestra at Club Sound - This is probably going to be a time issue rather than a money issue. Cheap concert, but I have other plans.
May 17 - Flight of the Conchords at Abravanel Hall
May 31 - Neko Case (of the New Pornographers, but she has some really decent solo stuff) with Joey and John of Calexico at Red Butte Gardens - I'm really pretty sad about this being a slightly more pricey than I enjoy concert, because I'm sure it's going to be fabulous.
June 2 - Camera Obscura at The Urban Lounge - I don't love them enough to pay much money for them, but I think it would be a fun show.
June 4 - Relient K at Murray Theater - Oh Relient K. I still love you.
June 13 - Ben Kweller with Jones Street Station - I've already seen Ben, so I'll probably have to miss him, but he does put on an excellent show.
June 20 - Marc Cohn at the Sandy Amphitheater - Because who doesn't love "Walkin' in Memphis," deep within their souls. "She said, 'Tell me are you a Christian child,' and I said, 'Ma'am I am tonight!'")
June 21 - David Byrne at Red Butte Gardens - because I will never forget Ty's Talking Heads video.
July 7 - Indigo Girls at Reb Butte Gardens
July 9 - Bon Iver at the Gallivan Center - This one is free, so I'll be there. I would like to add in case Sydney still reads this - Syd, remember when you played "Skinny Love" for me on the way home from Andrew Bird? I think you should stand behind that and go to this show with me.
July 13 - Death Cab for Cutie, Andrew Bird, Ra Ra Riot at Reb Butte Gardens - Anyone else noticing a trend in the awesomeness of Reb Butte's concert schedule this summer? I've seen the first two bands already, but I highly recommend this show to anyone who hasn't seen Death Cab or Andrew Bird (or anyone who has).
July 16 - Black Keys at the Gallivan Center - again, this one is free, so I might be going even though I only know a few of their songs.
July 18 - The Fray/Jack's Mannequin/Meese at USANA- I've already seen all of these bands, so I can't really justify this one right now, but it'll be a good show.
July 19 - The Wallflowers at Red Butte Gardens - because Jakob Dylan rocks my socks.
July 23 - M. Ward at the Gallivan Center. I am SO happy that this one is free. I love M. Ward a LOT and plan to go and see him for sure.
July 30 - Sonic Youth at the Gallivan Center - free again, so definitely worth it.
August 15 - Elvis Costello with the Utah Symphony at Deer Valley - Yeah, I can't imagine this not being awesome.
Anyway, I hope that some of you music lovers out there can enjoy some of these, and if you meet someone excessively rich who needs a date to one of them, please pass my name along. Thank you.
4 comments:
Is it sad that the concert I'm most disappointed I won't be in Utah for is Marc Cohn (to whom I was introduced by my dad and whom I still think of as mostly for "old" people but secretly love)?
Nice blog! Do you really think that to write a blog is a form of narcisism (I've read it in one of your posts)? I've never thought of that! I think it's fun and it gives you the possibility of meeting people and exchange ideas and thoughts with them. It can be enriching ...if it doesn't give you dependency and makes you loose contact with real life. Glad to meet you, Megan.
I love everything this blogpost stands for. And i wish with all my heart that i could be there for the bon iver concert and everything else good this summer that is coming to this blessed state but I will be in Nepal. BLAST!!
KEANE! Only a few days left. So stoked!
Post a Comment