Friday, June 5, 2009

Not my strong point.

Right now I'm supposed to be packing for a ward camp out. And I'm not.
Don't get me wrong. I love camping, and I haven't been in far too long. I'm just not looking forward to the part where I get to spend 12 hours or so with a bunch of people I don't know at all. I feel sick just thinking about it. I feel like I'm out of practice in the friend-making department - at least the solo friend-making department, and I think deep down I'm dreading that I will end up awkwardly not talking to anyone the whole time and wanting to go home 2 hours in. 
It will probably be delightful, and it will be more delightful if I can convince myself of this beforehand, but right now I'm wishing I'd just avoided the whole thing and planned to stay at home finishing The Secret History for book club. Sigh. 
Send me some grown up not-shy vibes, okay? :)

2 comments:

leoele said...

Does this mean you aren't coming to book club?

I think the campout idea is lame. You shouldn't go with a bunch of people you don't know yet.

Makayla Steiner said...

Grown up not-shy vibes coming your way!

Though I think you should just start conversations. Heaven knows, you are plenty interesting and well worth talking to and being friends with.

It will be good. :)