One year ago, I found this piece of music in a gift box in the BYU Music and Dance Library. It's one of the most absurd pieces of music ever written, and is consequently really awesome. I also think that finding it was probably my greatest moment as a librarian. I will reach no apex so great as this.
I didn't get to go to the Christmas party last year - I think I was going to a concert or something instead - but this year the performance was posted on Youtube and I finally got to see it. And now I'm sharing it with you. Be sure you notice the last line of the song, "But spicy pine to some, the poor, disillusionment, unkind."
5 comments:
Well, I can't understand anything he's saying except "spicy pine," but I think that is sufficient. I especially like how that phrase appears almost every other line. Very impressive. :)
Crap. I forgot I was signed in to the lovely blog. Oh well.
And people think that librarians are a boring bunch...shows how much they know!
Particularly music librarians.
And Miri, it's okay that you can't understand the words, but I wish you could. From what I remember, it was something like, "Spicy pine, gifts, Savior - of these Christmas should remind." All kinds of super random words plugged together in no logical order to create a very abstract vision of Christmas. It was a thing of beauty, both as a poem and as a piece of music.
Post a Comment