Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Let Them Love Cake

I can't believe I'm staying awake to do this, but it just occurred to me that it would be a fun post, and I have to do it before I forget.
Once upon a time in the Globe met a man named Jonathan Cake. And by met I mean watched and was spit on and insulted by, because he was the lead in Coriolanus. So I fell in love immediately, and Lindsey and I made plans for my subsequent marriage to dear Johnny Cake . . . over facebook, of course. The ensuing hilarity should not be consigned to the 18th
back page of old wall posts, so I'm posting them here for your reading pleasure. Unfortunately, the beginning of this conversation was over IM and is lost, but Lindsey said something about how I needed to convert Johnny and marry him in the London temple and then we could live next to the Globe forever.
June 16th
Me: Um, I think when I marry Johnny Cake I'm going to name kids German Chocolate and Strawberry Short. Perhaps if one is a little chunky we can call him/her "Pound" as a delightful nickname. This would be a wonderful thing. Sigh...
Lindsey: Johnny Cake is cute - and he's amazingly limber. Do you see how high he can kick his leg into the air, even after he's apparently been in battle for some length of time?!
I would fear that calliing your slightly chubby child "Pound" Cake, although incredibly funny, might give said child a complex. Haha. Although I would love it if you actually did name your son German Chocolate Cake. German isn't such a bad name, ya know, once everyone disassociates it with Nazis and David Hasselhof.
And then: p.s. Johnny Cake really is quite attractive. We should start a Johnny Cake following. Seriously, not only is he good looking, he makes me think of cake. What could be better. Although, I'm sure seeing him in person is ten times better than the picture.
Me: Um, I'm ready to head up a fan club. BUt not only did I see him in person, he was like a foot away from me. I'm pretty sure he spit on me when he gave his angry speeches, and he almost kicked me in the head while grappling with the guy he was kicking in the head there. Be still my heart...
June 20th
Lindsey: Sam, Mandy, and I were discussing your future husband, Johnny Cake. Mandy says you should name your daughter Patricia. Think about it. hehe.
Me: I'll patty your cake. I have so little time to make him mine! I must get to work!
Todd: Dear Ms. Cake,
BlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHH!!!!
--Nature Boy
June 21st
Lindsey: You will patty my cake? I don't know if that is an appropriate thing to say. haha. glad you caught on though. although i was thinking that instead of calling your child "pound," you could cleverly disguise the nickname by giving them a first name that starts with "L" and a middle name that starts with "B" and then their initials would be LB Cake.
P.S. We are cruel, cruel people. haha.
Megan: Lemon Bundt Cake it is.
Lindsey: Lemon Bundt Cake.....genius. How do we make it through the day without offending people with our limitless intelligence and wit? Honestly. We = amazing.
Well, since you will probably be busy touring with your parents, I shall say my last adieu until you are back in the states. Until then, sweet dreams...and by that I mean dream a lot about Johnny Cake and having his little debbie babies.
Todd: I do believe that we need to go 4 wheeling multiple times this summer...but we better do it before you marry johnny boy...
June 22nd
Lindsey: Johnny can always come four wheeling with us....that is once you've safely abducted him into the States and the chloroform has worn off. I'm sure four wheeling will be a perfect distraction away from the fact that he was just abducted....that and your beautiful self. tee hee.

It still continues - feel free to add to the list of names for my "little debbie babies."

10 comments:

Lin said...

oh johnny cake...how i love him so....and how i love us with our charm and humor and limitless beauty. haha.

Lindsey said...

um....also....i just want to look at your blog every five minutes so i can see johnny looking all hot and what not. even though he's covered with fake stage blood...not many people can pull that look off, you know.

Anonymous said...

so i like my little random, pointless interjections into a conversation in which i was not involved. it makes me feel loved.

Megs said...

Well, we had to have the part about going four wheeling so that Lindsey's comment about distracting him made sense. I mean . . .

Megs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

by the way we need to make it a goal to go four wheeling again this summer!

Janssen said...

Um, unrelated to Jonathan Cake (although I'm here to vouch that he is always worth speaking about), Shannon Hale is SO awesome! I'm just about twenty pages away from finishing Princess Academy and I think it's even better than "The Goose Girl." Reading rocks, Megan. Did you know?

Lin said...

so...seriously...you have got to post a new blog. i'm addicted to looking at that picture!!

also, what say you about naming your child poppyseed? i think it's genius and oh so delicious sounding. OH! or YUMMY!

"Hi, my name is Yummy Cake."

people will look at her like she is crazy!

Megs said...

Who says Yummy has to be a girl?

Lin said...

well...we can't be too cruel. but, you never know...could be a boy.

Mr. Yummy Jay Cake

(figured i'd put the jay in there...like for johnny)

wouldn't that make a respectable business card for a lawyer or doctor or accountant. or maybe he'd have to be a baker.