Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happy Birthday David Bowie!

There are two things that are sad about this post:
1) I haven't felt like posting for awhile, mostly because I don't feel like writing anything substantial. Since this trivial item came up (David Bowie's birthday - thanks, Karissa) I decided to post.
2) This is the second Bowie video I've posted. I don't even love Bowie that much, but he sure is funny to think about in the birthday sense. Thanks to Lindsey for celebrating with me by sending me clips from the Flight of the Conchords Bowie EP. (I sent her Bowie's performance of "Wake Up" with The Arcade Fire. Of course.)
Update: You'll be happy to know that I pulled out both The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and Seu Jorge's studio sessions from The Life Aquatic, and I came to a conclusion. I kind of like Bowie, weird as he is. But I may like Seu Jorge's versions of his songs better - his lyrics are so darn out there that they are kind of better in Portuguese. In any case, the Life Aquatic versions are quite pleasant, and also awesome. You should all check them out.
Anyway, I decided to give you this video, because you can't go wrong with Labyrinth Bowie.
For your blast-from-the-past viewing pleasure:

3 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

Yay for David Bowie. Isn't he fabulous, especially in those wonderful pants in Labyrinth. How could any one argue.

Plus I never knew that about the Life Aquatic until you told me the other day! How very interesting. that guy is so awesome.

Anonymous said...

And I did get your message wishing me a happy david bowie birthday, my roommate was using my computer so I didn't get it until later. How are you my friend?

Anonymous said...

Have you see the episode of Extras with David Bowie? Hilarious! If not, check out a clip from the episode here: youtube.com/watch?v=jv6mEv_rDdE