So I stumbled upon this music video tonight and thought, "Hey, I like this song and I'm not ready to go to bed yet. I'll watch it."
All I have to say is this: Chris Martin, never again make a music video that relies on you dancing. And also, you have the line "Roman cavalry choirs are singing" to work with and what you come up with is you putting your hands to your mouth and bopping around?
It's not like you're a small time operation, Chris. You are a big deal these days. You can make a decent video. You could reenact Ben Hur if you wanted to. And this is what you choose to do?
Anyway. You can decide for yourselves, but as for me, I'm going to stick with the "Chris Martin is ridiculous" line of thought.
6 comments:
i'm glad i'm not alone in the "Chris Martin is ridiculous" camp. He really really is.
Those close up shots of his face kind of remind me of that Aha video from the 80s....only that video didn't suck. it was all different and new. this is just boring and weird.
also...i'm pretty sure he never takes that jacket off.
His eyes are creepy and his bridge dancing is creepy (not dental bridge, but music bridge).
My favorite lyric/dance move pair are the words "shattered windows and the sound of drums" with him air drumming above his head...
...and... oh man... so I watched this a few times, and thought, "This reminds me of Tunak Tunak. I wonder..." Sure enough, if you start Tunak Tunak, then wait a couple seconds, you can get it so that the strumming and beating are right in time with the fantastic Indian music.
Wow, this is truly terrible. The highlight for me was when he started banging on an invisible door, maybe he should be a mime? probably not. You crack me up Megan
Thank you for giving me yet another reason to dislike Coldplay. People always look at me funny when I say I don't like them. Now I think they are not only boring, but creepy.
i just watched this again. it's like a train wreck...can't. turn. away. must. watch.
i'm glad i'm not alone in my dislike for coldplay. they used to play a coldplay cd in the printing studio on campus...that was it. the only cd played for an entire semester. i thought of accidentally dropping the cd in ink and/or acid but figured that would probably make me seem a little crazy.
Lin, The tameness of your Coldplay CD destruction fantasies is what makes you seem a little crazy. Think about a trap thrower. Think about a shotgun. Think about a shiny disc sailing out into the sunlit air and then seeing it explode through your one open eye and raining down a million glittering shards. The slight bruise on your shoulder will soon fade and in the meantime will remind you of your intense satisfaction over your good works.
Close your eyes and picture it. Feel better now?
Post a Comment