Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ye Olde Mill

Okay friends. I am back with a vengeance. Old Mill has internet, even wireless, and I am prepared to blog up a storm. Especially right now, because I am taking a break from packing.
First, I like my new apartment a lot, especially now that Whitney's mom made our shower stop smelling. Here are my reasons:
  1. I have my own bathroom. This has several implications that are positive. I will know exactly who used up the last of the toilet paper and didn't replace it. I will be the one who fills the garbage and has to empty it, but it will be my garbage, and if the floss is hanging out, it will be my floss, thank you very much. I can buy my own cleaning supplies, and they will be there until I use them up.
  2. I have a double bed. And it is beautiful.
  3. I have a lot of wall space, and no one seems to care if you put stuff up on the wall, so I intend to put up all kinds of stuff, including my Lawrence of Arabia poster. You can think it's weird if you want, but it's my room, so it only has to make me happy.
  4. Our couches are BEAUTIFUL - leather (or a reasonable imitation thereof), comfy, big, not caving in, and a reasonable color (tan).
  5. The shower between the rooms (I don't even know how to explain this, so just bear with me) means that Whitney and I can open up the doors when we aren't showering and pretty much have a joint room. Sort of. It's like when we wanted to cut holes in the walls at Belmont so that we could talk, only we didn't have to break any rental agreements.
  6. The new roommate that I've met so far has a Kryptonite necklace, and we made dinner together tonight - Hawaiian haystacks (mostly just rice and chicken soup), spinach salad, and corn.
  7. I have what feels like a lot of room, especially because I didn't bring too much down yet. I love having lots of room.
  8. We already had a shower adventure, when Whitney's mom lost control of the shower head and it sprayed all over my room, all the way to the window. I'll have to take a picture of the shower so you can understand how this could happen (I'd do it now with my camera on my compy, but there isn't a lot of light in here, because there is in fact no light in this room and I haven't got my floor lamp from home yet.)
  9. There are drawers all over the place, and the furniture in the room isn't horrible! Also, the desk was under the window when I got here, and I kind of love that, so I'm leaving it here.
  10. I got a really cheap and awesome bedspread/sheets/bedskirt combination at the BX for $45, and it actually looks fabulous in this room, which has this weird wall with something that looks like woven grass on the wall like a bulletin board - the whole wall.
Anyway, the other plus is that we have wireless internet, so I can blog and look for jobs and keep up on current events and so forth.
Although I'm not quite unpacked yet, I'm going to movie night in a few minutes (some time has passed since I started writing this post) to watch Dr. Horrible again (hurray!) and see what has become of our tradition.
Never fear, I am back, and I'll be delighting you in the blogosphere yet again. Thanks to the two or three of you who missed me. Miri is right - you should get badges.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I inadvisedly asked a graphic designer out the other day (thought it hasn't actually happened yet). If I have the courage (or the stupidity, depending on how you look at it) to go through with it, I will ask her to design some badges for us. ;) Though after tonight, it might get lost among all my Obama/Biden buttons for the next few months.

Janssen said...

Wow, sounds like a sweet setup. Bart lived at Old Mill a couple of years ago and loved it.

Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lin said...

so what you're saying is that there is plenty of room for me to hide out, eh?

Katherine said...

Sounds fabulous. Enjoy.

Miri said...

ooh i 100% support lindsey hiding out in your apartment. and once i have a normal apartment again, we can take turns harboring our fugitive.

Lin said...

i like the term "our fugitive"...only say it in baby talk. haha. "oh, who's our little fugitive?"

yeah. maryland is losing it's luster.