Friday, August 1, 2008

A Cornucopia of Love

So today I was buying some little thing because it made me think of Jennie, and Annie said something about, "Oh, that's nice that you're getting stuff for your roommates," and I was thinking about how I don't think anyone can understand the relationship I have with my roommates. I wasn't buying it because I felt like I needed to get my roommates presents, it's just the natural reaction to things that I think will be amazing for them.
I love my brothers a lot, but I missed out on the sister thing. I had some good girl friends growing up, but not a lot, and they often seemed to be leaving me. (This means you, Melissa.) I didn't realize what it was to have true sisterhood in friendship until college, particularly during my third year (the second year that I lived with Miri and Jennie and Lili and Mandy.) I was just looking at a post that Miri wrote about missing me (and by wrote I mean she posted a bunch of pictures of me on her blog) and I thought I would post some tributes of my own. I will miss living with Jennie and Miri and Lili and Marci, but I'm excited and happy about living with Whitney and Krissie, and maybe Lindsey will come to visit again (winky face).
I've probably posted all of these before. Oh well. That's why it's my blog.

My other half

Sharing boy drama

NAPC

Christmas

Halloween/dances (rare)

Superbowl Sleepover

We love our bishop

Jennie at Christmas

Sharing Jared's coat (before he was dating Sam

The hottest thing since . . .

The original ace gang

Our honorary roommate

Oh, if you only knew how typical this picture really is.

Right before we fell down the hill.

Ward partying

Dressing up again.
Adopting together

Being cultural

Being beautiful

Being fashion-forward

Being tasty

We still love the married ones

Enjoy the cake! More!

Being color coordinated

Being nerdy hopeless romantics (pretty ones)

Being wicked awesome

Becoming the 154mat

Being domestic and muppety

In honor of tonight . . . (the one thing I'm really sad about missing while I'm here)

Being super
I love you girls. A hug.

8 comments:

Miri said...

Your captions are amazing! Maybe it's just because it's the last one and therefore the freshest in my mind, but "being super" is pretty darn super.

Miri said...

Oh, P.S.--I am really excited for you to come back, and particularly to come back down to Provo. I miss you a lot and also I love love LOVE us being called the ace gang.

Lin said...

i love us being called the ace gang as well...as long as we refrain from connecting each other with certain characters...I would want to be Jas. haha.

Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lin said...

um...those comment would be mine. technical difficulties. haha. sad.

Melissa said...

In my defense, my PARENTS left and as a small 9 year old I had no one to feed or shelter me. Although I'm sure we could have built something in that tree of yours :) sorry for not protesting more about the move lol.