Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Change America Could Believe In

I'm bracing myself to be bombarded with disappointed comments already, but . . .

YAY!

10 comments:

Drew said...

OMG, it's totally the new prez!!! He's sOoOoO kewt in that office!1!!! That's my favorite photo spread from Rolling Stone!

Megs said...

Ah. A very mature response, Drew.

Drew said...

Glad you liked it!

And I thought you were bracing yourself... ;)

Janssen said...

I've got to get my HOORAYS out somewhere. . . let me tell you, it can't be on my blog as 99% of my family would disown me. Good times.

Anonymous said...

It takes courage to speak your mind in Utah. Today I am proud of my country. And I am proud of you for often making this blog a forum to discuss this historic election.

You might enjoy these photos of Obama's campaign:

http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0810/callie-bp.html

My favorites are the one where he is cleaning up after himself in the ice cream shop and the one with his feet on the desk with holes in his shoes.

To paraphrase another great leader, let's get behind him and wear out our shoes in the service of our nation.

It's a good day to re-read Whitman.

A blessed day.

Miri said...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Mark said...

A blessed day? I wouldn't call it that. I probably wouldn't have called it that if McCain had won.

We have a new President-Elect. It was a hard-fought race. It will be interesting to see what direction P-E Obama takes with his cabinet selection and everything.

I am interested to see which of his campaign promises he drops and if he'll be able or even choose to stand up to his party leaders.

Miri said...

That's kind of a glass-half-empty attitude, and I see no reason why we shouldn't call it a blessed day. Say what you will, but I think a lot of the problems in our country could be fixed by people changing their attitudes.

Mark said...

Ok. I am also interested to see which campaign promises he keeps and what issues he will stand up to his party leaders on. Is that a better attitude?

And calling it a blessed day seems a tad overzealous, which is why I wouldn't call it a blessed day, regardless of who won. A good day, sure, but blessed?

Anonymous said...

Well, I for one don't mind that he's the new Pres. I really don't have any expectations at all so maybe that'll help. But I am amazed that he wanted peeps to vote NO on Prop 8, so it's pretty awesome that Prop 8 passed (even in FL) but that he was still voted Pres. I think I would have been upset if he had won and prop 8 not passed, but all is well for now.