- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
- World War Z by Max Brooks
- (And now that I'm looking at my book shelf, everything else that's there.)
Songs of the week:
- "Soon We'll Be Found" by Sia
- "Pressure Suit" by Aqualung
- "Kicking the Heart Out" by Rogue Wave
- "Parting Gift" by Fiona Apple
- "Promises Like Pie-Crust" by Carla Bruni
- "Miniature Birds" by Grand Archives
Movies I am interested in seeing (especially after goofing around on The A.V. Club this morning):
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
- Doubt
- The Accidental Tourist
- W.
- The Fall
- Ghost Town
- Frost/Nixon
Things I like about winter coming:
- Wearing my coats, which are adorable
- Being inside sipping hot chocolate
- The impending Christmas season
- The urge to make blankets
- The fact that it brings my new nephews closer to coming (one of them this week!!)
More coming later, because I've been composing mental lists all week.
3 comments:
Invisible man is one of those books that I can appreciate as good and important literature, but not one that I particularly loved.
I really want to read The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao! Let me know what you think of it.
Their Eyes Were Watching God - I liked that one.
Haven't read the other two.
I know none of the songs... lol
I also want to see The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, Doubt, W., and Frost/Nixon. Alas, due to my whole "no more R rated movies" thing, some of them will not be seen. Which depresses me.
I like lists too. :) Yours are always very interesting
Hey, Megan...I read your comment on my son's blog! :o)
I was just about to ask you if you've read The Accidental Tourist because I'm reading it right now, not because I saw it on your list, but as the comment box was coming up I saw it and was surprised.
SO. Have you read it? I don't think I knew there was a movie, but I'm interested to see it now that I'm this far into the book. It's really fascinating and a lot of fun to read. I find myself not wanting to put it down, and that's a nice feeling.
Post a Comment