- We have no water in our apartment. No one told us it was going to be turned off, but suddenly there was none. I'm just glad I got to take a shower before it happened.
- Our internet has also, inexplicably, stopped working. The good news is that we can swipe internet from a few of our neighbors, but where is ours and why is it dead? Are the internet people and the water people conspiring against us?
- Pat the crazy blog stalker, who told Miri that she was a bandwagoner who didn't have any idea why she voted the way she did, and called us her cronies. (Okay, the cronies bit was a little funny. But overall, Pat was absurd. You have no right to demand explanations from people you have never met and whose situations you don't understand.)
- Now it turns out that lots of people in Provo are waterless, and no one knows why, so Clark and Linda, I might be coming to your place when I start smelling.
- Background first: I just finished reading Dracula, and while it was a decentish story, I just couldn't get over the number of times Bram Stoker thought it was necessary to talk about a) how some things are just lessons that poor women must learn, b) thank goodness for stout-hearted, strong men and c) women do not remember details or think logically, but Mina thinks like a man because she's actually intelligent. So the obnoxious thing there is that I can't let it go. I realize that it was a different time, but I've read lots of people from that time period who didn't find it necessary to point out the (stereotypical, false) differences between men and women on every other page, and it really cut down on my enjoyment. Also, the climax was fairly lame after all of that effort. Oh well.
Amazing:
- The fact that we are going to get Indian food tonight with a large group of people I really like.
- The scarf I got for pretty cheap at Target last night while Lindsey was buying fingerless gloves. It's black with colorful polka dots and looks pretty in my hair.
- Yesterday I was sitting in the MDML cataloging, and one of my coworkers came in singing "Say It To Me Now" by Glen Hansard.
- The fact that a new baby is expected in my family any day now.
- 30 Rock, which I watched a little of last night and may have to start watching. Kind of awesome.
- Omelets + What Not to Wear.
That is all.
4 comments:
I read Dracula in 9th grade and I loved it. Of course, I wasn't particularly aware of (or concerned with) gender issues at that point. I just thought it was a really creepy story. My teacher did a huge "unit" on it as well, so we really worked it over. I finished it at 1am during an incredible thunderstorm. My mom came downstairs to find me in my room, with the light on, sitting on my bed with a blanket over my head and a flashlight (even though the light was on), and when she opened my door, the thunder cracked, I screamed and then she screamed, and then laughed and asked what the heck I was doing. I held up the book and she laughed harder. I wish that had been your experience. Much more fun. :)
So sorry you're water and internet (life line) is off. You're always welcome in our home. "Our casa es su casa." Especially, when we need some baby sitting. Can't wait to see the cute scarf. I too think it's amazing that Julie is having their baby this coming week. 1 more amazing, well more funny than amazing, thing: That some people don't know that Clark, Plato and I blog on our family site. LOL But you're on top of it! P.S. I love that you look like you're hugging Big Ben. It's like our wedding pic of me holding Clark in the palm of my hand. :)
Obnoxious:
I didn't get to have Indian food tonight with people I really like. :(
Also Pat. Stupid stupid Pat.
Amazing:
I watched some of 30 Rock last night for the first time too and it was quite amusing.
I LOVE What Not To Wear!! :)
Post a Comment