Saturday, November 1, 2008

All up in my grill sayin' "Nevermore!"

It was a good Halloween this year.
After a week of working on our costumes while watching scary movies, they turned out to be fabulous. Add to that Lindsey's mad hair skills, some very gold eyeshadow, boy entrancers and a less than horrible dance party, and you have a recipe for success.
Earlier in the day, I took advantage of early voting. I'll be working at the library from 9-5 on Tuesday, and I knew that the polls would be insane after that, so I made sure that my voice was heard.
I got to talk to my brother a little after that, (he got a job in New York!) and then read some Dracula. In the evening, I put Whitney's hair in curlers for the coming costume preparations, and as soon as Lindsey came down, we got to work braiding, curling, pinning and painting. We helped Amanda and Torie a little with their costumes, and we all had fun getting ready together. (I even got to put green eyeliner on one of their guy friends. See the vampire below.)
Amanda's costume was my favorite - she was a black and white movie star. Awesome, huh? Torie made a gorgeous Egyptian, and as the Fates, we were rockin.
The music was mostly decent, and I did manage to enjoy the dancing to some extent. (Dances are still not even close to my favorite way to spend the evening.) Poor Lindsey tried to take a picture of me dancing at the beginning and I kind of rudely shut her down. I don't dance on demand, and I feel really uncomfortable at dances, especially at first, so I was in no mood to have my discomfort recorded. Luckily, Whitney is amazingly uninhibited on the dance floor, so Lin still got lots of pictures.
My favorite moment of the evening was actually when we were leaving (after our party was broken up by cops. Hahaha. Good old noise ordinance). Lindsey and I were trying to follow Whitney out, and she started singing "I will follow her, follow her wherever she may go..." and I joined in and we sang the entire song at the top of our lungs. It was hilarious.


Several members of the 208th ward


The fates + Amanda


My favorite picture of Lindsey and me from the night

All of the roommates in our Halloweeny glory


The Fates

We followed up our night with a little dose of SNL, and our roommates finally got to understand how funny our constant repetition of "With my by myself" and "I like chasing cars" are with this video, which gets funnier to me every time I see it, probably because we reenact it so often.

2 comments:

Miri said...

That's amazing, she really does look like she's in black and white! I didn't think the face paint would be that effective. Genius. All of your costumes were genius.

Melissa said...

This is random and has nothing to do with your post but you should see this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/15073