Monday, January 5, 2009

Hello blog. I've missed you.

I'm posting on my blog again, and you all know what that means - the holidays are over and I'm back to Provo and the internet. Truly, it was a fantastic holiday season. Here are some of the highlights: 
  • I had to miss Dain's annual Christmas party because of a snowstorm, but that meant I got to go garbage-bagging with my roommates at Rock Canyon Park. I spent the first couple of days at home wincing whenever I leaned back, but it was worth it. 

  • My mom and I finished all of the quilts for grandkids before Christmas, and tied mine before I came back to Provo. Once Mom binds it, I will no longer freeze to death down here. (Although my room at home is also pretty cold - I spent most of the break sleeping in a hoodie and sweat pants. Brrr.) 
  • Treb may have been stuck in the Chicago airport for two days, but he did make it home in time for Christmas day festivities. We listened to a little Bob Dylan, saw a lot of movies, got some fabulous sushi, had a family picture taken, and took all of the kiddies sledding on tubes and air mattresses. We were sad that we missed two days with him, but maybe he'll come back sooner next time. :)
  • I went to Body Worlds with Dad and to Twilight with Mom. 
  • We went to a Messiah sing-in, and my mom and I ended up with the choir. It reminded me of a) how much I miss choir and b) how hard Handel is to sing, especially if you're sight reading. 
  • New Year's Eve was a success once again, and we had way too much food, as usual. 
  • I got an iPod and a hand-held mixer for Christmas, so I no longer have to change out my one gig of music every week or make meringue by hand. Yay!
  • I taught Ty's kids the Winegar password,  Cooper lost his first tooth, I spent a lot of time cuddling Maddux, and I think Savy is finally warming up to me. Those kids are so cute and growing up so fast. I can't wait until Clark and Linda have their baby (any day!) so I can cuddle him too. 
  • My internet died and deleted some of this, so that's all I can remember of what I had. But it was a great holiday season and I'm excited for the new year. 

1 comment:

Trub said...

Glad you're back on the internets. We missed you too. I mean in the blogosphere. It was good to see you all. When did Cooper lose his tooth? I'm still enjoying your iPod