It seems like an appropriate, 300-type thing, and it makes me laugh a lot.
Secondly, Clark and Linda's baby, Finn Orson Winegar, was just born! I'm so excited for them that I can hardly stand it, and I can't wait to give him some loves and cuddles and other mushy things that I don't even feel embarrassed about saying, especially since this has been Linda and me at every family gathering for the last couple of months.

I asked Linda if I could try to feel her baby kicking a couple of times, and then she just started grabbing my hand whenever anything was happening. (I think she was so glad that someone was actually asking permission that she decided to humor me.) I even got to feel it when he had the hiccups, which was basically adorable. :) As is this.
Add to that the fact that Maddux just manifested his inner thumb-sucker (just like his auntie! And also his sister.), and truly, there is a fulness of joy around these parts (even with all of the grad school applications and the icky, icky job search and Lindsey leaving us again).
Honestly, I haven't had a lot of inspiration as far as the 300th post goes. I thought about doing a complete Megan Winegar step-by-step to creating playlists, but I'm currently reevaluating my work in that department, because I need to not give people so many sad songs. I like sad songs, but that doesn't mean I have to inflict them on everyone (to quoth Nick Hornby, which came first, the music or the misery?) so I'm trying to remember that happy songs have their merits as well.
The truth is that spending most of your time working on job applications and grad school applications (please give me a job even though it's not really what I want to do, and please let me go to your school even though I don't know how I'm going to pay for it) is discouraging (not to mention monotonous and boring) work. I feel guilty when I'm not doing something that is one of these two things, but I'm sick to death of thinking about me in such one dimensional terms.
In other words, I am in severe need of a happy list, and that's what the rest of this post is going to be.
- I am very glad that when I get really sick of spending days in my room filling out applications, I can run home to watch movies and frost cookies with my mom.
- I'm glad that I have such funny and lovely roommates. Although my ward hasn't ended up being quite as amazing for me as I'd hoped (my fault, no doubt), my roommates ended up being a lot more amazing than I expected.
- I'm happy that I watched a little James Dean with Emily today, and enjoyed the long-missed company of Katie and Stephen at the Pita Pit.
- Although filling out applications is not fun, I'm grateful that I have awesome people in my life willing to write recommendations for me. That's a pain too, and it's so nice to have people who like me enough to take the time.
- We now have a TV that gets CNN! How fantastic is that?
- I have a new quilt on my bed now, so my days of being freezing at night are OVER!
- Finn made it here safely, and I think he's going to fit in just fine. So great.
- It's Sundance Film Festival time, and I fully intend to go this year. Finally.
- It's my birthday soon.
- I may not have a job, but Miri and Mike got jobs, which is wonderful.
- I have a refrigerator full of yogurt. Very important.
- I'm halfway through an 800 page book and haven't lost my focus. Which is good, because I think someone is about to be murdered, and that would be a horrible time to switch books.
- My dad knows how to glue everything.
- My management company finally fixed my toilet, so it's not running obnoxiously and wasting water.
- I don't just love my family because I am related to them and it's required - I genuinely like them too. I think that's a plus.
- I live with people who were okay with me hosting a David Bowie birthday party. How amazing is that?
- We're getting a piano in our apartment.
- Only two months or so until this horrible ice and snow goes away.
- Inauguration day is mere days away! Snooty elitist cheeses, here we come!
- Simon and Garfunkel just came up on iTunes, and I am reminded again of why I've always loved them so much, especially when they sing the right line at the right time (40 years ago). How do they do that?
So. Happy 300 posts and 2 years (in about a week - do I have to do a 2 year anniversary post too?) and here's to . . . more things to post about. :)
7 comments:
What a cute cute little baby. He's just ADORABLE.
Good luck with your applications and the job search.
I'm glad I made it onto your happy list :)
That is one cute baby!
I'm glad you wrote a happy list. This year needs to be a year of happy lists.
Hooray! Finn made the 300th post! Loved the PG 300 trailer.
Even though I only met her once, I'm so sad that Lindsey is leaving you yet again. (The other day something reminded me of Lindsey though I can no longer remember what that was.)
Grad School applications and job applications along with moving are possibly the three worst things on this Earth (and by Earth I mean the affluent America in which we live).
I am so going to Sundance again this year! Perhaps we could see a movie together.
I'm jealous that you're halfway through an 800-page book and haven't lost your focus. What book is it?
Congratulations on your 300th post!
I love the pita pit! And what a cute kid. I wish I could go home and frost cookies with my mom! We miss you here at the MAD Library - I'm glad I can stalk you on your blog! :)
21. You're a good friend. I think you can be happy about that, but since you are apparently too modest to add it to the list yourself... here you go. :)
Post a Comment