Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscar followup

For the record, the only Oscar I really, really cared about turned out exactly the way I wanted it to. Despite being up against three songs from Enchanted (Really? Three? Is that entirely necessary? Wasn't there anything else to nominate? It was good and all, but three?) and one from August Rush, "Falling Slowly" took the Oscar. Once was a little snubbed at the Oscars overall, I thought, and I'm very glad that it got at least a little recognition. I'm sad that I didn't get to see the performance - I only ended up seeing the last hour of the Oscars because I went to a very amazing fireside with Truman G. Madsen, which was worth it, but made me miss the part of the show I most wanted to see. Oh, the sacrifice . . . (Yes, that was completely tongue-in-cheek, especially since the fireside was about Joseph Smith and really, it was no sacrifice at all. But a little bit. :P)
In honor of this occasion, I offer the following video - in case you have no idea how amazing this song is, it is here for your viewing and listening pleasure:

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I was excited about that one too. One of my favorites songs (and movies).