Last night Whitney and I hit a free concert of Italian opera scenes on campus. My friend Kellie had invited me to go because her roommate was in it, and I mentioned it to Whitney and discovered my roommate's long-harbored passion for vibrato-laden Italian musicals. (Only kidding, opera fans!)Anyway, it was actually very lovely. The scenes were funny and beautifully performed, and they even had real anvils when they sang the Anvil Chorus. I've been whistling Whitney's ringtone (which was also the first number) all day.
Afterward, we went back to get my car across the street from Kellie's apartment, and as I was about to start it Whitney said, "Is that a ticket?" We quickly went through all of the possibilities of reasons to get a ticket, but we were parked legally and couldn't think of any laws that we'd broken. Turns out it was a note from Elise and Joel Crane. They recognized my car parked in their neighborhood and Elise wrote me a note. It was a most pleasant surprise, especially when we were thinking it was a ticket.
We finished up the night with $5 pizza, crazy bread, and a movie - what goes better with opera than cheap pizza and Ralph Fiennes? It was all very cultural and fulfilling.
And that is why I still haven't finished parts 3 and 4 of my teacher work sample.
No comments:
Post a Comment