Friday, August 22, 2008

Update

So I haven't been blogging much since I got back because of the dialup internet connection, but I thought I'd throw out an update about the MLS endeavors.
I went down to Provo on Wednesday and talked to the HR guy at the library. For whatever reason, he's willing to pull some strings for me, and it's almost a definite thing that I've got a paid internship in the music and dance library at the HBLL. There are still some details to work out, but it looks like I'm on my way to something at least. It's not a very long internship, and the pay isn't great, but it gives me some experience and something to put on a resume, and it also gives me a little bit of wiggle room while I try to find a job and push ahead with my latest bout of insanity. \
I move down to Provo in about a week (I could go earlier, but I think I'll spend a little more time with the fam and move down when Whitney moves in) and hopefully I'll be able to figure more of this out as I go along. Keep crossing your fingers for me - it's working!

5 comments:

Drew said...

Are you aware that while in school, I visited the Music and Dance library many times, at least once a week? They have such a great collection of theater CDs. I will be glad to see you there if you are working.

Miri said...

Dialup internet = not our friend. Your blog misses you! Which is secret code for I miss you posting on your blog! Is there perhaps a library nearby...?

:) How are things?

Anonymous said...

I second Miri's statement. I was looking forward to you dissecting the Democratic National Convention on your blog. I am still nervous that the Democrats will yet show their adeptness for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. In which case, I will have to move to Canada. (Little joke for your regular readers - sort of - difference being I am happy to back up my assertion with 4,027 reasons why).

Speaking of which, I have meant to say for a long time, that while I applaud your putting the Drudge Report link on your site if only to potentiallly help your readers become more informed, it is such a right-leaning collection of links that in fairness, you probably ought to also include a link to the Drudge Retort: www.drudge.com. Merely a suggestion. It is your blog after all. And we miss it.

Miri said...

I think I should have a badge because I understand the Treb moving to Canada reference, and thus am clearly a Regular Reader.

Lin said...

oh! oh! I understood that reference too! I get a badge!

I think of that blog post every time I hear someone say they will move to Canada (which is a lot unfortunately). Although if they had an additional 4,026 reasons why they would move (Niagra falls is prettier from the Canada side! April 1st is celebrated with fish and not trickery! there are more chances you'll run into a french speaking person! etc. etc. etc.) I would be less inclined to roll my eyes and begin ignoring everything they were about to say.