Saturday, May 16, 2009

Giant stomach drop.

Just so you all know, it's official. I'm planning to head to Indiana University (Bloomington, Indiana) in the fall. I'm buying a bed from Drew's girlfriend Julie and moving into her old room, which is a giant blessing. I'm really excited to meet her roommates, Ann and Jill. They're also librarians, which should be fantastic. I also hear excellent things about the Institute and the branch out there.  (The school is supposed to be pretty great too, so don't worry.)
Other things I'm happy about: It's only 4 hours away from Chicago (I'm totally going to look into going to see Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me live. How nerdy is that? Very nerdy.) It's also only 4 hours away from Ann Arbor, so I'm hoping that occasionally I'll be able to see Katherine. That's really only the distance between Centerville and Cedar City, after all, and I take at least a few trips down there every year. 
Anyway. Putting the card that says I accept their acceptance on Monday, and orientation is August 27-28, so I'll be heading out a few days before that so that I can drive my car out there. Meanwhile, the money-hoarding continues. 


On an unrelated note, the Keane/Mat Kearney concert was most excellent. I think everyone should check out the picture blog on Keane's website, because it's the kind of thing I would do. Millions of pictures of things like what food they're eating, what things they thought were funny on the road, etc. Most excellent. 

5 comments:

Janssen said...

Congratulations!!! You'll be so so awesome.

Jeffrey said...

That's terrific! I'm so excited for you. Congratulations! :)

Linda Winegar said...

Oh wow! Congrats, we're so excited for you!!!! Although, we will miss you tons. We have some friends who live in Indiana. Now, we'll have 2 reasons to go over there and visit. :) see ya soon!

Jennie said...

Wow Megan! That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear about all the crazy exciting things you do! We should play soon, maybe I can have you and Whitney over for dinner or something or we can meet somewhere in between so you don't have to drive all the way to Provo!

Krilafis said...

I can't even imagine what it would feel like to move to Indiana all alone. Good luck, Megan. And I hope that your diligent posting will continue. What will I read if you were to stop?