So now that the food is eaten I wish I would have taken pictures. However, tragically I was preoccupied when most people were eating because my pan wasn't big enough to cook all of the chicken at once, so I cooked the second half while people were eating the first half. In any case, that recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala that I posted last time is AWESOME, even if it's a little expensive when you have no spices to begin with. It really turned out well, if I do say so myself, and I would make the sauce alone to put on chicken if I didn't have time to do the whole marinading thing, because it was really easy and delicious. The cheesecake brownies were also a hit, and I can now recommend that recipe without reservation as well.
But the best part about dinner group is that I now don't have to cook again for two weeks! It's such a great plan, because this week we've had delicious homestyle chicken and peas, catfish with bacon and potatoes, steak and shrimp with sauteed onions and corn (which was grilled in its husks and pretty yummy), and now Indian food. No one cooks for one person like that, but when you're cooking for a crowd, it's much easier to get yourself to get fancy. It's also brilliant because I cook on a day when I don't have class, so on the nights when I get home late, Jill always has a tupperware full of wonderful food for me and I don't have to cook a thing.
Jealous yet? Mmmm.

2 comments:
So awesome! What a lovely life you're having up there!
I am jealous--dinner group sounds like a fabulous idea indeed.
Post a Comment