The last couple of days have been awesome. I feel empowered for reasons that I cannot divulge here (maybe you should post about this, Lin, since you liked the story so much. hahaha), I feel pretty and intelligent and competent (except when I'm pre-catting on that last one - yikes!), I feel optimistic and excited, and I feel pleasantly satisfied with tonight.
Last night we had a fun FHE activity - just some ridiculous relays, but it was good for socializing and I'm starting to feel like I belong here. I am grateful to people like Aubrey, who always comes up and hugs Whitney and me and seems genuinely excited to see us. People like that are a gift.
Tonight was our first Snooty Food night, and we went to Happy Sumo for some very excellent sushi and some very stellar company. Afterward, we went to see The Chorus at IC, which was a wonderful movie - highly recommended.
Sorry that there isn't anything earthshaking or funny about this post. I have stories that match both criteria, but I'm not sure I can write about them. I'm very tired and enjoying the bliss that it is to be curled up under a blanket listening to Miles Davis, and I'm not giving you my best stuff, so I'm going to turn in now. Suffice it to say, all is well.
2 comments:
mmmm...sushi. i am excited to come to utah and participate in The Finer Things.
It was a great night. That Las Vegas roll was probably the best thing I have ever tasted. The movie was really good.
Post a Comment