Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dude, you're not my nemesis.

Things that are great:
  • I started my internship, and libraries, while confusing (at least the cataloguing aspect of them), are facinating. I'm excited.
  • Miri came to visit me yesterday, and we had a good old time looking at her giant journal, eating tortellini, and watching Dr. Horrible and What Not To Wear. Really, there are very few things that I enjoy more than watching Stacey and Clinton with Miri.
  • I got to see my London friends on Friday night, and I still like them, even when we aren't in London.
  • Tonight was the ward "Biesta" (BBQ Fiesta), and it was fun. I think we made a couple of friends with the do you know game, because they were from North Ogden and knew Melissa and Kellie. Nice.
  • I played Karaoke Revolution at Katie Rencher's birthday party - Jacqui Aquino and I sang "You're the One That I Want" and went platinum.
  • I started watching Pushing Daisies online, and I like it a lot. The Orem library has it on order, so eventually I'll be able to rent it from them and watch the episodes that aren't online. The library also has Fitzcarraldo, and that crazy version of Macbeth I've been wanting to see - the one with James McAvoy as a sous chef. I'll be renting both or all soon.
  • This morning, Whitney and I went to see The Lives of Others at international cinema, and it was a seriously fantastic movie. I highly recommend it when you're in the mood for a good movie about the power of art to change people, not to mention the terror behind a Big Brother kind of state security. Watch it. Love it.
  • I'm halfway through the book for my new book club, and I like it. It's called The Reluctant Fundamentalist, and the writing is a little strange, but still good. I guess I'll do a followup when I finish it.
That's all for now, since I should have been asleep a couple of hours ago. Regional Conference at the Marriott Center tomorrow - good times on those benches.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

OOOH Who are you new friends that know me? thats weird. I love Pushing Dasies by the way- very cute!

Makayla Steiner said...

Benches aside, was that not one of the best conferences you've been to in a while? I was totally riveted the entire time! I particularly liked Elder Jensen's talk. It touched home this morning I guess. :)

Lin said...

the title of this post just makes me think, "plus there are kids in that park."

good job on the pushing daisies. i love love love that show...and lee pace.