This has been a lovely day, and there have been other lovely days surrounding it. I should move more often so that I have reasons to visit with all of the people I never make time to see but really do love.
Today started out as my last day at work, so Clark and I were trying to get some things set up on my computer for working remotely. About 11, my brother Spence offered to buy me lunch, so we made a plan to go to Arby's in an hour. (Clark came too, but he didn't get free lunch.) I will miss driving to work with Spence and working with Clark a lot. When else am I going to get to see my brothers every day and not be annoyed because we're living in the same house? :)
After work I headed down to Provo for one last round of goodbyes. Carrie just got into Provo, and since I hadn't seen her since her mission, I really needed to. She and her olds (Mama and Papa Vail) and I all went to dinner at Tucanos, where we reviewed what has happened to all of our friends in the last two years and reminisced about the trip I took up there to visit Carrie and also Forks.
I had plans to visit Jennie, but Sam had her baby today, so we put that on hold for a little. That actually turned out to be a great thing, because it freed up some time for me to see Matt and Jason and Ammon (sorry, no link for you, Ammon. But since I doubt you read this blog, you probably won't be offended). I like those boys. Jason is taking off for Texas next week, so we've made a pact to share adventures. Or at least to update our blogs more often. And my big-eyed plea to Matt for blog updates prompted him to dedicated a post to me, including a playlist of sorts. Hahaha. I'm going to miss them all, and I'm glad that I got to visit with them.
After that I actually got to see Jennie anyway, because by then she was back from visiting her cute new niece. I miss her, and I forget how Jennie always makes me feel better about everything.
Also, I managed to find jeans that fit at Aero's buy one get one free sale, and Lindsey got her (very late but totally awesome) birthday present from me (and called me about it while I was trying on jeans, which is why I mention those things together). I hope she will post a picture of her wearing it soon. (nudge nudge)
This was a good followup to last weekend, when I got to visit my aunt, hit Drew's wedding reception, and go to (500) Days of Summer with Emily and Mallory. Thoroughly enjoyable movie and company all around. I'm going to miss Emily, who has been coming up to spend the night away from Provo and watch movies all summer. (Emily, call me often. Seriously.)So now I've said goodbye to my roommates and most of the other people I could find in Provo. Treb visited before I left (good timing brother), which included much good food and some trivia goodness. Tomorrow night will be my goodbye to Ty's boys. Lots of sadness about that. I hope the twins will be a little bit cuddly.
And tomorrow during the day begins the hard core packing and prep, including some car vacuuming and at least one resume submission. Blah.
2 comments:
I am quite sad to be leaving and saying my goodbyes to all my friends including you--goodbye, Megan--but it's always great to have an excuse to visit people. I'm glad you enjoyed (500) Days of Summer. I enjoyed it about as much as The Brothers Bloom. So much fun!
I look forward to reading about your adventures in Indiana.
We were so glad you were able to make it to the reception. It would have been cool if you had been able to catch Ann, but you will meet her soon enough! Good luck with your roadtrip!
Post a Comment