Saturday, September 5, 2009

David, don't be irrelevant.

Well, I made it through the first week of school at IU. The classes don't seem like they're going to be too awful, I got out on books for just a little over $100 (yay reserve!) and so far my social life is better than it was during my last year in Provo.
Highlights from the week:

  • The Institute opening social, where I met Rayla, a girl who worked at the MAD over the summer and whom Myrna told me to find in Bloomington. Turns out we have at least 2 classes together. Also, I won Apples to Apples.
  • Discovering that Jeeves and Wooster exists, and that Ann has the entire series on DVD. I can't wait to watch it. Stephen Fry + Hugh Laurie+P.G. Wodehouse = great idea. 
  • Bringing Up Baby in the park last night. I always forget how hilarious that movie is, and it's much funnier with lots of people enjoying it in a park. We also went to Steak 'n' Shake afterwards, and the shakes were so good! It was the perfect consistency and I totally approve.
  • Tennis this morning with Jill and Eric. It's nice when everyone is at the same level of incompetency. Also, we followed it up with doughnuts. It may be inefficient, but it sure was delicious. 
  • This cartoon: 

2 comments:

mkgs said...

I LOVE Bringing Up Baby. It's fun to see Cary Grant in that role, when he usually plays one more like Katharine Hepburn's in this movie. (Did that sentence make sense? I think you'll understand what I mean.) And of course, I adore Katharine Hepburn.
So glad you're having a good time!

Sean and Jennie said...

I am so glad you are liking it there! Doughnuts and milk shakes sound amazing! I am salivating just thinking about it. Love you!