Today I had a very long and very enlightening conversation with my oldest brother, Treb. (Some of you may know him as trub - I believe that's how he posts on my blog. There's a story about that which I'm not going to write here.)Apparently, all of my relationship ineptitude is genetic (not that my parents are genetically inept... maybe it was recessive). Despite the fact that my brother and I are 14 years apart in age, we are currently living parallel lives (at least in our heads). We both over think everything to the point of frenzy, are crap at playing the game, and then plunge ourself into despair over nothings. (And make playlists. Don't forget that.)
We decided that we are anachronisms. We have longer attention spans than most of the people we know, and consequently are interested longer and also read books, which means that deep down we would be okay with the romance of a Cyrano-esque wooing or with just bearing our souls. We're searching for a soul to soul connection - the kind that seems to be more difficult to find than some would have you believe.
So today I drove to Payson (Why Payson? Why not?) and tried out my new playlist - it fit the bill perfectly. I feel much more myself today than I have in a week, and since talking to my brother I've realized that last week was me too - I may as well get used to it, because it's in my genes.
I've also decided I need to see Annie Hall for real. I need some perspective on my life. :)
I also love this picture. I first found it on Katherine's blog - it's amazing. The end.
2 comments:
you know there is actually a "throw rocks at boys" game on the internet. it's surprisingly therapeutic. :)
Oh. I know.
Post a Comment