Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fostering Corruption? Or . . . BRILLIANCE?

Funny words to hear a two-year old say (and also why I'm the best nanny ever):
  • sifter
  • ridiculous
  • fabulous
  • angst (Context on this one: Ethan was writing with his mom's pink pen and it was WAY INTENSE - since he'd been kind of a bum all day I said, "You've got some serious angst, buddy boy!" He repeated, "Angst, buddy boy! Angst, buddy boy!" Be very careful what you say.)
  • shakin' and bakin' - I was teaching Ethan a game I like to call "Working at Wendy's" (yeah, I'm giving him some really high aspirations) because there's a little place in the playground that looks like a drive up window. We turned the playground bark into chicken nuggets and French fries, and then I asked what he was doing, and followed up with, "Are you working at Wendy's? Shakin' and bakin'?" Yeah, he's still saying that one.
  • Mr. Fluffernutter (see Skippyjon Jones)
So yeah. If you just go on vocabulary, I'm going to be a great mom.

2 comments:

Lin said...

wow. all those words you're teaching him and all you can come up with for that game is the title "Working at Wendy's"? haha. awesome.

also - you should teach him how to "pound it". you know, with his fist. instead of giving five? it's pretty darn funny to watch a two year old do that. we taught Monkey and it's amazing.

Megs said...

1) If you heard how cute it is when the kid says "Working at Wendy's," you wouldn't laugh.
2)My nephews pound it too, but they call it bones. Yes, it is adorable. I should get to work on that with Ethan.