Monday, October 8, 2007

Halloweenhead

You knew it was coming. (dun du da!)
The 2007 Megan Winegar Halloween playlist!! It will probably get updated throughout October, but I thought I'd let you get started on the collection. The first 18 or so will be the official "I can burn this to a CD" list, and then there are a bunch of alternates and extras. Ready go.

  • "Goodnight Socialite" - The Brobecks
  • "Shankill Butchers" - The Decemberists
  • "Thriller" - Michael Jackson
  • "Moon Over Bourbon Street" - Sting
  • "Darkshines" - Muse
  • "Mr. Raven" - MC Lars
  • "The Boogie Monster" - Gnarls Barkley
  • "Werewolves of London" - Warren Zevon
  • "Creep (Second Version)" - Radiohead
  • "Dead Man's Party" (or "No One Lives Forever" - jury's still out on this one) - Oingo Boingo
  • "Haunted" - Evanescence
  • "John Wayne Gacy, Jr." - Sufjan Stevens
  • "Red Right Hand" - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  • "Same Ghost Every Night" - Wolf Parade
  • "Long Black Veil" - Johnny Cash (I realize this isn't actually a Halloween song, but it always creeped me out.)
  • "The Fear" - Travis
  • "Sleep" - My Chemical Romance
And now the alternates and bonus tracks:
  • "Halloweenhead" - Ryan Adams (Great song, but the second time I listened to it I heard some language I missed the first time.)
  • "They Are Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh!" - Sufjan Stevens (I know, you'd think this would be on the real list, but trust me, the other song by Sufjan is much scarier.)
  • "No One Lives Forever" (or "Dead Man's Party") - Oingo Boingo
  • The following songs by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds:
  1. "The Carny"
  2. "Where the Wild Roses Grow"
  3. "Lovely Creature"
  • "Danse Macabre" - Camille Saint-SaĆ«ns
  • "Erlkonig" - Schubert
  • "This is Halloween" - Danny Elfman (from The Nightmare Before Christmas)
  • "The Monster Mash" (because I suppose it must be there.)
Happy ghouling!

1 comment:

Lili and Jeff said...

Yes, very good, very good Megan. Though I think you should add The Remains of the Day from Corpse Bride! Full of skeletons and death. Anyway, you are so creative with your playlists! Very awesome.