- Watching it with Krissie and Aaron. (Witty company + good food = much better experience than just watching the convention alone.)
- The Sarah Palin video. "Sarah Palin: Mother, moose hunter, maverick." [dramatic pause with music and pictures.] "Governor, mayor, maverick. [picture of John McCain] The original maverick . . ." etc. Many subsequent mentions of moose hunting follow.
- The first part of the tribute to Cindy McCain: [voice of Gary Sinese]: "They called her Cindy Lou . . ." Also the fact that when they met, he was 41 and she was 24, but they both lied about their ages.
- Video about John McCain: (talking about his decision to remain a Vietnam POW) "He chose to spend four more years in hell." And later, "After spending five and a half years in their hell, he chose go back and try to fix relations with Vietnam." Don't get me wrong, McCain's experience in Vietnam is incredible and even admirable. But the way that it was said was so dramatic, and it sounded like, "He spent four more years in hell. Then, after spending five years in hell, he went back." hahaha. I mean, that could be a negative campaign ad, eh? Other highlight of the video, again talking about something serious that shouldn't be made fun of: "Most of his fellow soldiers died, but somehow, McCain survived. Perhaps . . . he had something more to do." I'm not trying to make light of this story, but the video was ridiculously dramatic. And funny.
I'm trying to find truth in words, in rhymes, in notes, in all the things I wish I wrote. - The Format
Friday, September 5, 2008
They called her Cindy Lou . . .
Favorite moments of the RNC tonight:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ooh I wish I had come and watched it with you just to have seen those videos. That RIGHT THERE is what I can't stand about McCain's campaign. It's gross.
Since I missed the DNC, was there anything funny about that one?
(I'm not sure why they're playing up the moose thing myself...that is kind of weird.)
I didn't get to watch much of the DNC on TV - I watched the big speeches on You Tube after. My favorite moment was Hilary Clinton thanking her "sisterhood of the traveling pantsuits" though.
Nice. Leave it to Hillary. And boy does she EVER have a lot of pantsuits... one in every shade that exists!
I'm actually quite bummed that I missed the DNC... I quite liked the RNC, but I think I would have a better feel for the overall situation had I seen it firsthand and got to listen to Charlie Gibson and George Stephanopolous (whose name I can never spell) talk about it. I can't wait for the debates either - though I suspect that Obama will do better, because he is a slick speaker, and he's quick on the draw, and he's fantastic at anticipating questions. McCain takes a bit longer to think through what he says, and I think that may not work well for him. It should be interesting. Hopefully better than the Bush/Kerry debates were (gag).
Meg you forgot about how great it was to see McCains robot arms wave at us for 10 min. Poor robot arms.
Post a Comment