1. Today I got an amazing package from my mom - just random little things like highlighters and pencils and a cloth for cleaning glasses - and it was awesome.
2. I got a student ID today, and not only did I actually find the building without knowing where it was beforehand (with Ann's help because she texted me the name) but the picture is actually pretty decent. It's at least 10 times better than my BYU ID.
3. Today I saw a bunny when I was walking home from campus - just hopping merrily through people's yards.
4. From one of my first classes today: "The difference between being a reference assistant and being a professional librarian is this: when [crap] hits the fan, the professional librarian is the one who gets covered with it." However, as this is not BYU, he did not say crap. Did this amuse me? Yes.
5. Today I had a delightful internet conversation with Miri and Lindsey via facebook, mostly about books and the movie we are going to make about Lindsey's West Virginia Book Club Revolution (like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but with more books and less massacre, so mostly it's just the way the title is State, Focal Point Object , Event). Ideas like this would surface more often if we had those conversations more often, and I am a proponent of both.
6. Whitney is engaged!! I can't believe it, but I'm excited for her. Todd is also engaged, so it's starting to get crazy. It's been a good reminder to me about why, despite the homesickness, I'm glad I'm here doing something and meeting new people and learning new things instead of hanging around in a call center. :) (No offense, Five Star.)
7. I think I can be happy with the yogurt from Kroger('s) (Happy, Jon?). Even if it isn't Western Family. The blackberry pomegranate is divine.
8. Despite my disappointment over fun. from their demos, I think the new CD has potential to be pretty good. I can't imagine ever loving it as much as I loved the Format, but I'm enjoying it so far. I recommend the song "Be Calm."
That's all for now. Happy Monday.
5 comments:
You do know that Smith's is just a branch of Kroger, right?
Yes, I do. But since I didn't shop at Smith's before, I'm dealing with having to shop at Kroger now. Hmpf.
I liked shopping at Smith's. Better prices than Dick's and Winegar's, for sure.
Also, I'd like to add that the Kroger brand of Three Cheese, macaroni & cheese is the best, ever.
I probably wouldn't have minded Smith's but at home my parent's shopped on the air force base, and at school Macey's was just much more convenient. Also, I really, really love Western Family yogurt, which really was the issue here - my finding a suitable substitute. However, I am very excited to check out the Kroger Mac and Cheese. Too bad I already purchased some of the Kraft variety on my first trip to the store. Thanks for the tip.
It's a sales center, Megan...Come on!!!
:)
Post a Comment